Disneyland is set to kick off the 60th Anniversary, Diamond Celebration this Friday, May 22nd with yet another 24-hour party! This will be the fourth year that the Disneyland Resort has hosted guests for an around-the-clock, 24-hour event. The first in 2012, dubbed “One More Disney Day”, was centered around leap day, however 2015 will kick off what is promised to be the largest event since Disneyland’s 50th Anniversary in 2005. The Disneyland 60th Diamond Anniversary will bring an all new night-time parade, “Paint the Night”, a new fireworks spectacular, “Disneyland Forever”, and a new version of World of Color at Disney California Adventure, “Celebrate! – The Wonderful World of Walt Disney”.
Disneyland will kick off the 60th anniversary with a full 24-hours of fun. Beginning Friday, May 22, 2015 at 6 a.m. the gates will open for both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure, they will remain open until Saturday morning, May 23rd at 6 a.m.
Disneyland and Disney California Adventure will host guests with special foods and an entertainment schedule.
- Sing-along screening of Walt Disney’s classic, “Marry Poppins” in the Main Street Opera House: 6:00 p.m., 10 p.m., 12:45 a.m. & 3:30 a.m.
- Full-length screening of Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy at the Tomorrowland Theater: 10:00 p.m. & 3:00 a.m.
- Fantasmic! Rivers of America: 9:00 p.m. & 10:45 p.m.
- Full-length screening of Marvel’s The Avenger’s at the Tomorrowland Theater: 12:15 a.m.
- Hard Day’s Night – Beatles Tribute – Tomrrowland Terrace: 7:30p.m., 8:30p.m., 10:00 p.m. and 11:00p.m.
- TLT Dance CLUB at the Tomorrowland Terrace: 12:30 a.m. – 5 a.m.
- Royal Swing Big Band Ball in Fantasy Faire: 10:30 p.m. –
- Mickey’s Toontown Pajama Party: Midnight through early morning
Disneyland will run the new parade “Paint the Night” twice, once at 8:50 p.m. and a second time at 1:00 a.m. The new signature fireworks spectacular, “Disneyland Forever” will be presented at 9:30 p.m.
Disney California Adventure
- DJ Latin Dance party at the Pacific Wharf: 10:45 p.m. – 5 a.m.
- All new “Diamond Mad T Party”: in the Hollywood Land: 8:30 p.m. – 1:00 a.m.
- White Rabbit DJ in Hollywood Land: 1:00 a.m. through early morning.
The all new “World of Color – Celebrate!” will show three times, at 9:00 p.m., 10:15 p.m. and 3:00 a.m. (Be sure to pick up a Fastpass at Grizzly River Run)
Some select locations in Downtown Disney will also have extended hours.
- Starbucks: 4 a.m. (5/22) to 5 a.m. (5/23)
- Haagen Dazs: 6 a.m. (5/22) to 2 a.m. (5/23)
- Wetzel’s Pretzels: 6 a.m. (5/22) to 2 a.m. (5/23)
- La Brea Bakery Express: 4 a.m. (5/22) to 2 a.m. (5/23)
- Earl of Sandwich: 6 a.m. (5/22) to 2 a.m. (5/23)
- Jamba Juice: 6 a.m. (5/22) to 2 a.m. (5/23)
Disney has laid out some guidelines for those wanting to camp out for the opening on Friday at 6:00 a.m.
- Lines will begin outside of each security check point, both Harbor Blvd and Downtown Disney sides.
- The use of blankets and chairs is permitted but they must be returned to either your vehicle or hotel room by 2:00 a.m.
- The security checks will begin at 2:00 a.m. and guests will begin to be queued up inside the Esplinade. Guests will be able to enter Disneyland around 4:00 a.m. for the 6:00 a.m. kick off. (attractions will not begin operation until 6:00 a.m.)
- the Pumbaa parking lot will open on Thursday, May 21st at 10:00 p.m.
If you are going to Disneyland or Disney California Adventure on Friday for the 24-hour kick off, you’ll need to know a few things.
- You only need one day, regular admission. This is a common question each year. If you plan on “park hopping” you’ll need a park hopper ticket or a valid Annual Passport, but it is a regular day ticket. SoCal and SoCal Select Annual Passports are blocked out, if you wish to attend then you will need to purchase a regular day ticket.
- Expect large crowds. Not only is this a 24-hour event, which is popular each year, but this year it is the kick off to the Disneyland 60th Anniversary and the debut of new shows and a parade. It is expected to be very busy.
- Come early, don’t plan on leaving. Plan your day out at the parks. If you leave, it will make it very inconvenient to re-park your car and attempt re-entry. You also run the risk of the parks hitting capacity, leaving you out in the esplanade. Disneyland hit capacity during the 2012 24-hour event triggering a shut down of park gates. We are expecting to see Disneyland park hit capacity on Friday.
- Be sure to obtain a hand stamp, even if you have an Annual Passport. If Disney management begins to restrict entry due to high capacity levels, they may first only limit new entries.
- Bring your patience. There will be long lines, lots of waiting, and people saving spots for shows. Be kind to each other (most of the time people are at Disneyland).
- Have Fun! Remember, everyone comes to these events to have fun and celebrate Walt Disney and his park! Enjoy yourself … there’s beer at DCA!
Follow us on social media for live, up to the minute news. You can find us on Twitter, @DisneylandLive, and Facebook. Use the hashtag #DlandLive on Twitter to help us out with live news and we’ll retweet your information!