The fourth D23 Expo will be held at the Anaheim Convention Center in August 2015 and tickets will be going on sale in just over a week!
The D23 Expo is the largest Disney fan convention in the world, typically consisting of major announcements, celebrities, and presentations. All aspects of the Walt Disney Company are present including the Walt Disney Studios, Marvel, Lucasfilm (Star Wars), Pixar, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, Consumer Products, ABC, Disney Channel, Radio Disney, and Disney Interactive.
During the 2013 D23 Expo, more than 65,000 fans had the opportunity to see the surprise Tony Baxter Main Street U.S.A. window announcement, the Disney Legends Ceremony, a joint Richard M. Sherman and Alan Menken Concert, and the Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives exhibit. Walt Disney Imagineering was also on hand in celebration of creative team’s 60th anniversary. Imagineering was “brought” to the D23 Expo, and for the first time, guests found themselves walking through the halls of Disney theme park creativity. Once inside guests could visit with actual imagineers, see projects in development and view priceless pieces of artwork from the Disney Archives.
Tickets for the 2015 D23 Expo will go on sale starting Thursday, August 14, 2014 at 10:00 a.m. PT. Discount pricing will be available for a limited time.
- From August 14 – December 31, 2014 Tickets are $61 for one-day adult and $42 for children 3-12
- D23 Members tickets are $52 for one-day adult admission and $37 for children 3-12
Multi-Day Discounts are also available. Please refer to the chart below:
D23 is also bringing back the VIP Sorcerer Packages which includes:
- Three-day admission ticket and commemorative Sorcerer credential
- Reserved seating at all presentations in the main hall, Stage 23, and Stage 28
- Limited-edition D23 American Tourister boarding bag
- Pre-Expo tour of the Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives exhibit
- Special tour of the Walt Disney Imagineering Pavilion
- Exclusive shopping time in the D23 Expo Dream Store, Disney Store, and Mickey’s of Glendale
- Tour of the D23 Expo show floor the day before the Expo is open to the public
- Welcome Reception on Thursday evening
- Exclusive entrance to the Expo each morning
- A voucher for an appointment with an on-site massage therapist
- Exclusive D23 Expo gift pack including gifts from D23 and the rest of The Walt Disney Company
- Saturday morning Meet and Greet Coffee with a special Disney guest
- “Fond Farewell” reception on final day of Expo
- Plus, access to the Sorcerer Member Lounge and other benefits
Sorcerer Package tickets are available exclusively to both Gold and Silver D23 Members at $2,000 per ticket.
D23 is the official Disney fan club. Visit D23Expo.com for more information.
Personally, I am very excited for the return of the D23 Expo in 2015. Although no official announcements have been made, I am expecting to hear significant Disney Parks news. Last year, the D23 Expo did not host a Parks and Resorts Arena event and just yesterday, Walt Disney CEO Bob Iger was quoted saying that Disney is working on designs for a “far greater Star Wars presence in our parks” and that more details would come next year. The 2015 D23 Expo would be the perfect platform to make these announcements, a platform Disney has used to make large Parks and Resorts announcements in the past.