In my book, Summer hasn’t arrived until the Disneyland All-American College Band returns.
The Disneyland All-American College Band is made up of 21 college students from across the country, selected and directed by Dr. Ron McCurdy, a professor at the USC Thornton School of Music. Since 1971, the students take part in a three month internship which includes performances at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure as well as instruction in music theory.
The 2014 Disneyland All-American College Band debuts at the Disneyland Resort on Thursday, June 19th. You can see them at the following locations and times:
- 1:50 p.m. Hollywood Backlot Stage in DCA.
- 3:25 p.m. Sleeping Beauty Caslte & Main Street Train Station.
- 5:10 p.m. Main Street Town Square Flag Retreat Ceremony.
- 6:00 p.m. Disneyland parade route prior to Mickey’s Soundsational Parade.
- 7:15 p.m. Main Street train station.
NOTE: Last year the band took Sunday’s and Monday’s off. As of the publication of this article the exact days the band will not be appearing is not yet known. We’ll update this as soon as we obtain this info.
Each performance is a bit different, incorporating music from Disney films, animated classics and attractions. Below are a few photos and a video of the 2013 Disneyland All-American College Band.