In what has become an annual spring event, the Disneyland Resort is raising ticket prices for 2014. Last year, 2013, we were given a one-day notice, and this year the admission increase came without warning. The new prices were quietly updated on the Disneyland website overnight.
What is most troubling about an increase for 2014 is the lack of additions to the Disneyland Resort. In 2012 Disneyland Management made significant price increases, but also relaunched Disney California Adventure which included the opening of Buena Vista Street and Cars Land. In 2013 a much smaller admission increase pointed to the opening of the Fantasy Faire and Mickey and the Magical Map. However for 2014 there are no significant additions to speak of.
Some of this year’s increases and changes are quite significant. This is especially true with the Annual Passport options. A 1 day park hopper ticket is now $150. The Premiere Passport, which allows for entry into all Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort parks broke the $1,000 mark, and new sales of the SoCal Passport for Disneyland has been suspended. The Annual Passholder Blockout tickets were also eliminated.
Disneyland spokesperson Suzi Brown was quoted in the Orange County Register stating, “Due to the popularity of our annual pass program – and to preserve the guest experience for our annual passholders and all guests – future sales of all annual passes will be subject to availability. We continue to offer a variety of other annual passes so that our guests can choose a pass that’s right for them.” Current SoCal Annual Passholders can still renew their passes for the new price of $379, as can those who have SoCal passes which have expired in the past 90 days.
Here is a breakdown of the latest increases:
2014 Disneyland Resort Admission Prices
- 1-Day 1 Park
- $96 Adult, increased by $4
- $90 Child, increased by $4
- 1-Day Park Hopper
- $150 Adult, increased by $13
- $144 Child, increased by $13
- 2-Day, 1 park per day
- $178 Adult, increased by $3
- $165 Child, increased by $3
- 2-Day Park Hopper
- $217 Adult, increased by $7
- $204 Child, increased by $10
- 3-Day, 1 park per day with Magic Morning
- $226 Adult, increased by $1
- $215 Child, increased by $6
- 3-Day Park Hopper with Magic Morning
- $265 Adult, increased by $5
- $254 Child, increased by $10
- 4-Day, 1 park per day with Magic Morning
- $250 Adult, increased by $0
- $235 Child, increased by $5
- 4-Day Park Hopper with Magic Morning
- $289 Adult, increased by $4
- $274 Child, increased by $9
- 5-Day, 1 park per day with a Magic Morning
- $266 Adult, increased by $1
- $250 Child, increased by $6
- 5-Day Park Hopper with Magic Morning
- $305 Adult, increased by $5
- $289 Child, increased by $10
2014 Disneyland Resort Annual Passport Prices
- SoCal Select Annual Passport – $289, increased by $10. Monthly Payment option, $16.09 (SoCal Resident Only) $159 to add parking.
- SoCal Annual Passport – new sales suspended.
- Deluxe Annual Passport – $519, increased by $20. Monthly payment for Ca. Resident, $35.25. $159 to add parking.
- Premium Annual Passport – $699, increased by $30. Monthly payment for Ca. Resident, $50.25. Includes Parking and No Blockout Dates.
- Premier Passport – $1,029, increased by $50
Disneyland Resort parking is also on the rise. The new prices are:
- $17 for Auto / Motorcycle, increased by $1
- $22 for Oversized, increased by $1
- $27 for Buses, increased by $1
How do you feel about the latest round of Disneyland price increases? Is it justified, or just corporate greed? Share your thoughts in the comments below!