The spring 2014 issue of the Disney twenty-three magazine, the official publication of the D23 Official Disney Fan Club, will be arriving D23 Gold Members door steps soon and we have a special sneak peek at the issue to share with you.
The spring 2014 Disney-Twenty Three magazine is dedicated to celebrating the Disney contributions to the 1964 – 65 New York World’s Fair. Readers will be treated to rarely seen concept art and photography, exclusive interviews and more.
The 1964 – 65 New York World’s Fair, which saw the debut of some of Walt Disney’s most beloved attractions, celebrates its 50th anniversary this year. Walt Disney dazzled fair goers with new advances in Audio-Animatronic technology, music and showmanship with the now famous attractions “it’s a small world”, Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln and the Carousel of Progress. These attractions were moved to Disneyland following the conclusion of the World’s Fair, and have been enjoyed by millions since.
Also, D23 Gold Members will receive a reproduction of the “Souvenir Map and Small World Guide” from the centerfold of the commemorative it’s a small world, guide book.
The spring 2014 issue of Disney-Twenty Three Magazine features interviews with several Disney Legends who played a role in the development of these attractions, including Marty Sklar, Alice Davis and Bob Gurr.
The spring 2014 issue also includes a look at some of the upcoming entertainment offerings from Disney including a look at the March theatrical release of Muppets Most Wanted and April’s Captain America: Winter Soldier.
Also in the spring issue:
- A closer look at the artwork from it’s a small world’s Tower of the Four Winds at the New York World’s Fair
- Details on which parts of the World’s Fair attractions made their way to Disneyland
- A drive though the Ford Magic Skyway, with an extensive photo gallery
- D23’s fifth anniversary celebration with a look back at memorable events.
- “Ask Dave” with Disney Legend and Chief Archivist Emeritus Dave Smith returns to print in the U.S. for the first time in nearly a decade.
- Disney trendsetters are all the rage—and on the page—in “The Hippest Place on Earth”
- Regular columns including A Walk with Walt, PHOTOfiles, D Society, and more
Disney Twenty-Three Magazine is delivered directly to the doorstep of D23 Gold Members as a benefit of their membership. Those with a Free D23 Membership can access special online content. Visit D23.com for more information.