Disneyland Resort Photo Report for September 10, 2012
Welcome Back to the Disneyland Resort
With Labor Day in the rearview mirror, expect light crowds this week. TouringPlans.com can help you navigate the parks with our per-park Crowd Calendar, Lines – Mobile Wait Times App that gives access to current and estimated wait times for attractions, and Touring Plans detailing the best plan of attack for hitting the attractions. Now more than ever, it’s a good time to subscribe to TouringPlans.com to plan your strategy to avoid the crowds!
Below are the predicted resort-wide crowd numbers for select days generated by the TouringPlans professional statisticians as measured for the upcoming week. For the access to the full year and per-park crowd level predictions, visit our Crowd Calendar.
Resort Crowd Prediction
|Tues, September 11, 2012||
1 out of 10
|Weds, September 12, 2012||
2 out of 10
|Thurs, September 13, 2012||
1 out of 10
|Fri, September 14, 2012||
6 out of 10
Here are some quick-hit notes that we hope you’ll find helpful as you prepare your visits for the week:
- Expect this to be one of the lightest weeks of the year.
- Partial blockouts on Saturday and Sunday.
- Disneyland Park has a very low crowd level (1.1) on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday this week.
- Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort begins on Friday, September 14. On that day, Haunted Mansion Holiday and Big Thunder Ranch Halloween Carnival open.
- Due to its incredibly low capacity, consider riding Luigi’s Flying Tires standby right after starting your day by grabbing a FASTPASS for Radiator Springs Racers.
See Disneyland crowds for the next 365 days.
Do more. Wait less.
Off Season Crowds…For Now
With Labor Day behind us, schools back in session and the huge 2012 summer season behind us, the crowd levels have dropped to very manageable levels. In fact, the photos below were taken of some of the most congested areas of Disneyland park at 10:00 a.m. on a Saturday!
Haunted Mansion Holiday Installation
The annual transformation of the Haunted Mansion into the Haunted Mansion Holiday is nearly complete. Guests can see most, if not all of the exterior decorations already. Jack Skellington will take guests through his version of Christmas starting September 14, 2012 – the first week of January 2013.
Learn more about the 2012 Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort
Disney Villains will also make visits at the Halloween Carnival, and a Magic Cauldron Sideshow will entertain guests.
The Disney Parks Blog is holding yet another meet up later this month, this time surrounding the upcoming Halloween Time. This new meet up was announced on Wednesday afternoon and filled up within about 15 minutes! Disney allowed online registration for the first 100 readers who were able to RSVP quick enough. Some of the event details can be seen in the article excerpt below.
Let the Ghoul Times Roll at Our Disney Parks Blog ‘Get Spookier’ Meet-Up at Disneyland Park
From the Disney Parks Blog
The Happiest Place on Earth is about to get spookier, and you and a guest could get the chance to see how we create all the Halloween Time fun at our next Disney Parks Blog meet-up! Join us on September 17, 2012, at Disneyland park for our Disney Parks Blog “Get Spookier” Meet-up, which will include:
- Panel discussion with Disneyland Resort Halloween Decor Experts
- David Caranci, Manager of Resort Enhancement (Who Disney Parks Blog readers will remember from this story)
- Brian Sandahl, Senior Designer for Disney Entertainment Creative Development
- Opportunity to ride Haunted Mansion Holiday attraction
- Dessert party at French Market Restaurant (anyone remember that chocolate buffet from our Midnight Snack?)
- Special spooky surprises
Join the Crew at the Pirates League
The Pirates League makeover and merchandise location, which has set up shop in the Court of Angels section of New Orleans Square, opened up last weekend.