When Walt Disney created Disneyland in 1955, he also created a culture of giving. Today, the Disneyland Resort continues to be dedicated to making a positive impact on Anaheim and Southern California. This video highlights the 2010 Disneyland Resort Community Report, providing a glimpse into the Resort’s commitment to the community, environmental efforts and dedication to its 21,000 cast members.
Disneyland strives to be a positive influence on the community of Anaheim, the city in which the resort is located, as well as to the environment and it’s thousands of cast members. VoluntEARS is part of this effort and in 2010 some of Disneyland’s highlights were:
- $12 million contributed in cash and in-kind donations in 2010
- 50,000 VoluntEARS hours donated by cast members, friends and family
- 500 wish trips granted through Make-A-Wish foundation
- 122 community projects completed by VoluntEARS
- 40,000 second graders learned American band history through Disneyland Band concerts
- 32 different languages spoken among the resorts 21,000 cast members
- 275,000 hours of training developed and advanced cast members in 2010
- Energy consumption has been reduced by more than 9% since 2006 through numerous efforts, including the use in LED lighting
- In 2010, more than 366,000 pounds of potential waste was diverted from landfills. Enough to fill Space Mountain…Twice!
Below is a video highlighting some of these achievements from 2010.